Friday, July 20, 2012

Dead to Sin, Resurrected in Christ



My Personal Testimony

By Abby

My mom and dad had taught me about God since I was little. I believed in him, but had not
repented. I saw my mom and dad, and my grandparents get baptized and started to think
about it and what it meant.

I heard about the gospel at church but I was too shy to ask about it. The Holy Spirit was telling
my heart to make a choice and it helped me overcome my fear, so I said to mom and dad that I
wanted to know more.

Pastor Duty helped me understand the gospel. We are all sinners and our punishment is
death and separation from God. But God sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins and he was
resurrected from the dead so that we can have eternal life in heaven with God if we believe and
repent.

I was baptized as a sign that I am a Christian, being buried in the grave and being
resurrected in Christ. If you haven’t made Christ your savior, let the Holy Spirit guide you to
Jesus like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment