Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Boy Mom BlogHop 2012!

When I read about The MOB Society's 2nd annual Boy Mom BlogHop earlier - I wasn't sure if I should join in. I mean, I only have 1 boy. About to be 2 at any moment though, so I figured, I totally count! ;o) So I say if you have a little boy, join on in and let's get to know each other and encourage each other in this special blessing of raising boys! It can be hard nowadays to raise boys up to be MEN of the Lord, and I think we could all use the encouragement, support, advice, ideas, etc. that we can get!

My name is Kelli and, as I said, I'm a mom of 1 little boy right now, but it could become 2 seriously at any moment as I am 39 weeks pregnant with our second little fella. I also have an older daughter who is the second "little mother" in our house. I blog to keep up with people I know and love, to keep them informed of our lives since a lot of us are so spread out, to meet new people and friends, and to share my love of family and faith - even on the bad days. =o)


Now, introducing:


William, Age 3.5
(aka Will, Boo, Mr. Will Boos, Monster, Trouble, Stinker, The Stink, Little Man, 
and many other random names)
Will likes to play computer and video games with his Daddy. He also loves to run around and climb on furniture. Another favorite past time is giving Mommy small heart attacks by doing daring feats, coming out of nowhere and scaring her, and hiding somewhere and refusing to answer or come out when called. Dinosaurs, animals, and space are awesome. He prefers little toys to big play items, and we have lots of little battles and wars raging around here on a regular basis. His sense of humor is impeccable and must be a natural gift because he is THE funniest kid I have ever met in my life. He's a little OCD - but he comes by it totally honestly (eh hem...) so I can't complain and we take it as it comes. He is certainly FULL of energy, but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I love the run-by kisses and leaping hugs, and hope that we can keep fostering his joyful and energetic spirit. Even though he's an active little booger, he's good for a cuddle whenever you need it, and if he thinks someone has hurt or upset you he's your number 1 protector. 
I just love this guy!



Aaron, Age 39 Weeks
(please ignore the HORRIBLY dirty bathroom...)
I don't know much about this new little man yet, except that he is definitely not as active in the womb as his older brother. I think he is going to be a little calmer, and more easy going. We'll see if I'm right I guess! Hopefully we will get to meet him sooner rather than later.



Right now our main family "stuff" is obviously expecting a new baby at any minute, and trying to juggle getting our homeschool year ready. I'm also considering and praying about a future part time career/ministry as a doula, and my husband is praying about going back to school to further his education and change careers. Basically a lot of stuff requiring prayer and guidance. We're waiting on the Lord to show us our path!

I am so excited about this BlogHop and getting to meet some other Mommies! =o)

7 comments:

  1. Kelli - I'm so glad you linked up! Yes, you totally count!! I just linked up this morning and I can't believe all the moms I've already "met." Good times!

    Can't wait for that second little boy to arrive!!

    Think of you lots!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I had to correct an error...I am OCD like that! Haha!

      Delete
  3. Kelli, I am so glad you linked up. It sounds like your little man, Will, is a lot like my oldest. I am a mom to two boys (5 and 1). I was right where you are last year. Unfortunately, I went to 41 weeks and had to be induced so you probably don't want to hear that right now! Haha! My oldest, Evan, also loves all things dinosaur, animals, and space, and our house could be the soundtrack for Star Wars with all the battle sounds going on. He is always "fighting" something! He is also a tad OCD (like his momma), and I love watching him line up his toys in a meticulous row or coloring a picture so determined that it should be perfect! You are going to love watching your little men learn to love one another. It didn't take long at all for Evan to fall in love with his new brother. Within a couple of days (or hours) he was hooked and was proclaiming his brother to be the best and cutest in the world! Even now, when little brother is getting into his stuff, he still loves him more than anything! I wish that same brotherly love for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to meet you on the Hop! Funny how we can tell how our kids will be different from their personalities in the womb. Pretty amazing. Loved reading about your fam and checking out your blog! Would love to have you stop by sometime too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to meet you! Congrats on your soon-to-be baby! I had a doula for my last two children, and she's WONDERFUL and still a friend of mine on Facebook. And if you can, please share the homemade coffee mocha recipe! :P Looking forward to getting to know you! mycornersoftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am stopping by from the MOB blog hop (I'm still working through the list). Congrats on the new wee one (I'm sure you've probably had him by now)...and being a mom of one boy certainly qualifies. :) It's great to meet other moms of boys! Blessings from Croatia: A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

    ReplyDelete