Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Week of Modest Outfits - Day 2

Day 2! So excited to continue sharing with you all this week. Here are our outfits from yesterday. Mondays around here are pretty casual - its a big work day for me as I try to put things back together after having us all home on the weekend. Since we try to make weekends about playing and family together time rather than keeping up with house work, Mondays are usually my busiest day of the week around our house. The looks below are our more "around the house" looks, or if we are running to meet up with friends or family for playing.


Maternity:

Purple Striped Shirt (was long sleeve and odd tunic style, I adjusted it to suit my needs) - Kohls
Khaki A-line Skirt* - Sewn by me, fabric from Joann's
*I had intended this to be longer, but as I am new to sewing, it turned out how it turned out after I made a few boo-boos. Since I am on a budget and still working on transforming my wardrobe into a skirts-only one, we decided this would be fine until end of pregnancy. Especially since this skirt ended up costing WAY more than I anticipated to make. Won't make THAT mistake again! I hope.
Again, my favorite pair of Brown Shoes - JCPenney
(Hidden from view) Be Band/Belly Band (It helps tuck in my protruding belly B, lol) - Target


Girls:

Pink Top (larger sized shirt for length, taken in slightly on the sides for fit) - Walmart
Floral Print Straight Skirt - Sewn by me with $1.50 fabric from Walmart!
(Hidden from view) Black leggings (full length that we cut to knee length) - Zulily 
White Flip-Flops - Walmart



Linking Up With:





Growing Home












2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your outfits! And what a precious, sweet blessing your daughter is! Praise God for her! My girls are 5 and 3 and they just love wearing skirts and dresses, so of course I encourage it because I hope they continue to dress modestly. The Lord has shown me that I need to start when they are young to teach them how to dress. Even as toddlers, I have them wear leggings or shorts under their dresses and skirts. It will be too hard to change the way they dress when they are older, so just start when they are little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfits, Kelli..and very modest indeed! My girls and I enjoy wearing skirts/dresses, too. And they also wear leggins or bloomers underneath for more coverage. :) I'm stopping by from the Far Above Rubies link-up. I'm your newest faithful follower and would love for you to stop by and "visit" me sometime.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete