Monday, April 30, 2012

A Week of Modest Outfits - Day 1


For Day 1 I wanted to share what I wore to church yesterday. My sweet daughter was also quite willing to share her modest outfits this week as well, so we have Maternity and Girls outfits to share with you this week!

Maternity:

Brown Layering Camisole - Online, store has since closed
Teal and Brown Shirt - Walmart
Brown Skirt - Ross
Brown Shoes - JCPenney


Girls:

White Cami with lace trim - Online Garage Sale
Yellow Top - Online Garage Sale
Cream Sweater - Target
Brown skirt - Goodwill
Black flat Shoes - Walmart
(Hidden from view) Black leggings (full length that we cut to knee length) - Zulily


And, I just wanted to share with you a proud parent moment! Abby has recently had a change of heart in her attitude towards modesty, and there are things she has herself chosen to get rid of - items of her own clothing, certain toys she was playing with, etc. that she felt were not honoring to the Lord and she brought them to me herself and told me what was on her heart. I am so proud of her and am thankful to the Lord for working in her heart in this way - and that she has a heart for encouraging others! She was so excited to get the opportunity to share her new desire for modesty with you all.

Linking Up With:
These Five of Mine
Blog Button Final

8 comments:

  1. You and your daughter both look lovely. Just stopped over from the Modest Mondays link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfits! You look good in brown and blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfits! Very feminine and functional. Praise the Lord for Abby's sweet heart! It is a wonderful thing when our children do things for the Lord by their own accord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen - I don't know about you, but I think Abby looks SO grown up now. Its hard for me! I am so proud of her, and think she is just beautiful, but at the same time my heart is a little sad because she is obviously NOT a baby or even a "little" girl anymore. I thank the Lord everyday for his mercy and grace towards her, despite my often (usually?) lacking parenting abilities! I'm sure your boys and little miss are looking so grown up too since I saw them last. Ack! Where does the time go? She looks so much like her Daddy. I love it. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She DOES look like a little lady, and that is because she is! I have a hard time with my boys, especially N. He is almost like a little man but I just don't *want* to see it. Time sure does fly when they are little. Before we know it, they will be saying the same things about their kids. (Perish the thought!)

      Delete
  5. I love the outfits!! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post thanks for sharing...looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfits! You both beautifully honor God in your outfit choices. Thank you for sharing at What Joy Is Mine. (Following you now.)

    ReplyDelete