Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pregnancy Journal Link Up - Week 3, 30 WEEKS!

My Joy-Filled Life

30 weeks! AND Happy Mother's Day!

I am so excited to be 3/4 of the way done, and getting so close to having little Aaron in my arms instead of my ribs! (snicker)

First off, some WONDERFUL and exciting things happened this week that I am just ecstatic to share with you! Last week I shared my fears about giving birth in the hospital and not being able to have the type of birth we really want. I know you all must have been praying for us, because this week we found a doula to attend our birth at the hospital - and not only that, but she is not going to charge us for her services! She has almost completed her training and needs to have a certain number of attended births to complete the certification process, and so she is offering us her services for free. If she was not doing this, there is no way we could afford a doula at this later part of pregnancy. And on the same day that we found our doula, 2 of my sweet friends offered to throw a baby shower for me and baby Aaron!  After our last son was born, we lived in a very very tiny apartment and had no room to store all of our baby items when we were done with them. Not only that, but the area we lived in had many people around us who were in great need compared to us, and so when someone needed a car seat, we gave ours away. When someone's baby wouldn't nap and they wanted a swing, we let them take ours. We ended up with basically nothing left for Aaron, but I knew that God would work it out. Throughout the pregnancy we have been slowly obtaining items, and people have been so generous in giving us items they are done using. So even though we started the pregnancy with nothing for Aaron, we pretty much already do have everything we "need" and then some. We are still accepting this sweet blessing of a baby shower from my friends, and are just asking for very limited items. Also, we are taking donations in lieu of presents for those who feel so led, to donate to Reece's Rainbow. I am still working out all of those details, but I may also post it up here for anyone who would also like to donate to help a family. Can I tell you I cried when my friends offered this shower? I did not realize until that moment how sad I have been because of many people's lack of excitement over Aaron, and because of negative comments we have received about having another child (its only number 3, I was NOT expecting this!). I thought it was just annoying, but I realize now that I have people offering to just celebrate his life because he is a gift from God, that I have been sad for months deep in my spirit over this lack of joy about my child that has surrounded me from family. I know this has affected me spiritually in ways that I didn't realize until I let myself be open to this sadness. Now I can begin to heal. This week I have just been SO very blessed.

Now, pregnancy updates!

  • My ankles have started to get a bit puffy. Sometimes my feet do too. I am not pleased! I had avoided it so far, and after my last pregnancy's HORRIBLE swelling, I thought I had managed to avoid this issue. I think its coming for me. So right now my feet are up, up, up!
  • Yes, Aaron seems to be permanently parked in my right rib. At least I know he's ok from all the abuse he is giving me? Haha!
  • No one sent me a cheesecake brownie. But I did get red velvet cake. It was equally delicious! I still am craving a cheesecake brownie though. Very muchly.
  • I wrote out a birth plan. I was going to take it to my doctor at my appointment Tuesday, but may wait now to go over things with the doula beforehand. Although I am going to mention at my appointment that I do have a doula now.
  • I don't think my maternity shirts are going to last another 10 weeks...
Prayer Requests this week?
We, are doing fabulously. So this week, I want to ask you to please pray for all the mothers out there who are considering abortion, whether they think its a choice, or their only option, or for medical reason, or they are being pressured, whatever! Just keep them in prayer, and their sweet little babies. I feel so passionately about life, but am regretful to admit how often I forget to specifically pray for the unborn, AND their parents. Also, pray for the Reece's Rainbow organization, the children waiting for their families, and the families involved with them that are trying to bring their children home. With Aaron potentially having Down Syndrome, seeing the faces of these beautiful children just touches my heart. No matter what, Aaron will always have a family who loves him and wants him exactly how God made him, but sadly there are some children who don't have that right now, and we can help them and pray for them.

Discussion Question: Who will be supporting you during your upcoming birth?  Will you have a doula?  Your husband?  A close friend or relative?  Do you have any advice for other pregnant moms who are considering a doula, or trying to decide who they want to have attend the birth?

Well, now you know it will be my husband and a doula! Why did we choose a doula? Well, we have considered it in the past, and decided against it with Will's pregnancy, and we had even decided against it earlier in this one. My husband didn't think he would be comfortable, and honestly I couldn't see spending money we could use for other needed things on someone being my cheerleader (ha) - no matter how much I thought I might need it. As the pregnancy has progressed and my concerns became more apparent, we both began to realize that we probably would not be able to have the birth we wanted, without additional support. About the time we really began to realize this, the free doula opportunity came up and it was just all God's timing. My advice - is to pray. Often we go off what we feel and want or think we need, but there is a much more amazing God out there who doesn't "think" he knows what we need, he DOES know. And if we ask, he will show us the way and provide us with what we need. Also, be realistic. You may NOT have your "perfect" birth. None of us knows how each birth will truly go. So do not hesitate to just give it all over to God and let him be involved and comfort and guide you! So often I think we as moms, especially regarding childbirth, can make it all about what we want and hope for, and we forget all about that trusting in the Lord part. Don't forget it. He's AWESOME.


3 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome about the doula! I love how the Lord works things out! And so neat about your baby shower. What a blessing and it is definitely a celebration of your third little one and his life :)
    Blessings!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome update Kelli! God is amazing; I just loved reading how He is working in your lives!

    I also love your prayer request and advice at the end!

    Praying for you and your upcoming birth!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete