Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Got Fruit?

I just really wanted to share this today. I found it online when I was looking for something to give a family member as part of a little gift package, and reading this reminded me of how I was not too terribly long ago... I said I believed in Jesus, and maybe I did "believe" in Him... but I didn't trust Him. I wasn't following Him. I did not have the fruits of a person who has given their life over to Christ. Maybe some of you haven't either, I don't know. But I just have it on my heart to share this today, because this was me.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:16 that you will know a person by their "fruit." 

A person isn't a Christian just because he says he is, prays a little prayer, gets baptized or "asks Jesus into his heart." For someone to become a Christian, the Bible says that he must Repent of his sins and put his Faith/Trust in Jesus alone!

"For the Grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."(Titus 2:11-14)

Here's the "good fruit" of the True Christian: the fruit of the spirit (Gal 5:22-23); the fruit of repentance (Matt 3:8); they will obey God (John 14:15); they will know Christ intimately (John17:3, Matt 7:23) and they will evangelize (Mark 16:15, 1 Cor 9:16).

Do you have the fruit of a Christian?
2 Corinthians 13:5

www.NoFruit.com

1 comment: