Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Pregnancy Journal Link Up - 35 Weeks!

My Joy-Filled Life

Firstly - Happy Father's Day! 

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, who is such an amazing father to all of our kiddos. I am so thankful we are on this parenthood and faith journey together in this life. =o) I am also thankful for my stepdad and Father in law, who both have had to put up with quite a bit over the years (and still probably do!), and have loved me and welcomed me as if I were their own. I am also thankful for my Father for giving me life, and for all the lessons I have learned along the way, and for all the experiences, because no matter what God is using it all for a purpose and for good. I pray for him and forgive him, and I hope he knows that. I would ask your prayers for him too if you would. And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful for my heavenly Father, who has adopted me as his own and forgiven me of all my sins. For his loving me, turning my heart towards him, and growing me in my faith. Thank Abba Father for it ALL.

Now, onto the pregnancy goodness. =o)

This week's updates:
  • I updated super late last week after having missed the week before. I was so so so tired. So not much new going on. 
  • I am about 35 weeks (yikes! Is that for real???)
  • I'm not as tired anymore, and the past couple nights have actually slept pretty well. I may have figured out how to sleep just in time to give birth and not get any, LOL!
  • The ladies at church (we moved here in January and have just recently found a local church home, so I don't even know them very well!) asked to throw me a little diaper shower and a "get to know you better brunch". What a sweet thought! We are truly so very blessed.
  • My mother in law says I look "fake pregnant" like in the movies. I have only gained 4 lbs, so my body is actually thinner than it was when I got pregnant, other than the VERY large belly I have protruding out the front (I also have BIG babies). I think this is probably a compliment, haha.
Discussion Question:  What is the must-have item(s) that you pack in your hospital bag?  Or, if you are having a home birth, what is the must-have item(s) that must be readily available?
I am bringing my stomach wrap thing. I don't remember having issues after my first birth, but with the second (and I am anticipating the same thing with this third one), my stomach muscles were so weak after the birth that they really felt like they couldn't hold my stomach together. I ended up using my son's wrap as a stomach girdle type thing last time, this time I am going in prepared with my stomach wrap thing. Whatever its called! I don't really care about anything else. I try to get out of the hospital within 24 hours of giving birth max, so bringing a lot of stuff there isn't really something I bother doing. I just want to go home!

Here is a picture of the "stomach thing"



Prayer Requests -
My son (3) is being a bit clingy... I think he suspects something is up. Please pray for him as we get ready to make this adjustment, and for my husband who will be taking up some of the things I usually handle regarding our son that I won't be able to do once the new baby comes (like keeping him quiet and well behaved at church! We've been practicing Daddy running the show... but it hasn't been going well). Also just pray that my body prepares itself and is ready, that we can pull together all the last minute things that need to be done, and that as I go into this I am able to relax and put all my trust and faith in God that he is in control of this birth and that I rely on him for my strength as we go through it.

6 comments:

  1. Getting close to meeting the new baby on the outside! How exciting!

    My first two boys were 18 months apart and the older one was definitely a mommy's boy and very clingy. I was a little apprehensive about how he would adjust, but it worked out fine though. He grew to enjoy doing more things with daddy and the new baby was actually more of a daddy's boy at first as well. This allowed both of us to spend plenty of time with both babies, which was what we needed as a family then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being so close!! I will be praying for a smooth tranistion for everyone. I'm hoping for the same thing here. :-) It's been fun reading everyone's updates on the link-up!

    Tyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww congrats!

    found your post through the pregnancy link up. I'm 35 weeks as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli - I just loved the Father's Day tribute at the beginning of your post! Just beautiful!

    How wonderful of the women at church to give you a shower; what a blessing!

    With baby #2-4 I was out of the hospital ASAP! After the twins (#5 and 6), I wasn't in such a rush, and with this one, I'm thinking of asking the doc if I can stay an extra day!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 24 hours? How do you get out so faast!?!?

    Aw that is super nice of the ladies at your Church!!! Love that!!!

    And I agree with Sarah the Father's Day tribute was beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan ahead, lol. My doctor knows that I HATE hospitals. I only have babies in the hospital because 1)insurance and 2)My first baby was very sick even though she was born full term, so I still get a little nervous about not being right where the doctors are for the baby. My doctor won't sign off to let me leave until 24 hours, even though she would prefer I stayed 48 as is standard around here I believe. But, as long as I am doing ok she gives in because she knows if she doesn't I will just sign myself out AMA, lol. 24 hours is the soonest the soonest the pediatricians will sign off on the baby being discharged as well, so I stick around til baby can go home. I think with Will I was out in 24 hours and 10 minutes, lol. I was packed up and ready to go!

      Delete