Friday, June 15, 2012

My Pregnancy Journal Link-Up - 34 Weeks

My Joy-Filled Life

So, I have been QUITE delayed in keeping up with the Pregnancy Journal! I missed one week completely, and this week is nearly gone, but I thought I would do it now while I have the time and energy for a moment. Sorry its not long, but I've got to do it quick or else I won't at all! =o)

What's going on with me and baby?
  •  I'm now just over 34 weeks. Getting so close! Next week I start getting "checks"
  • I mentioned before I was SO tired. Well, shortly after that I began to feel dizzy and sick and just awful. Turns out my anemia had gotten much more severe. I've been on extra iron supplements and resting, and I feel so much better. Still so so sleepy, but the dizziness and near falling over I was experiencing are gone.
  • Yesterday I had some pink spotting - no pain or anything, but braxton hicks have been getting way more frequent and definitely stronger. My body is really revving up I think. My other 2 babies have come about a week early, so I think I may be heading in the same direction this time around too. We shall see what the doctor thinks.
  • I met again with my doula and I am just SO thankful that God has worked this out for me. She has given me some amazing ideas on things to do and tools to use during labor that will hopefully help me relax and stay focused. I'm currently working on some affirmations to use during labor - thinking "You were made for this" may be one, but I'd also like to use some Bible verses or "snippets" as well. I'm also working on a playlist to put on my husband's ipod to take to the hospital with us. I'm really wanting to stay focused on God and his design for me and the blessing of this baby during the labor - so I am keeping my list to Christian songs and hymns, psalms, etc. If you have any specific recommendations for songs that are fairly peaceful, I would absolutely love to hear them! My list definitely needs some lengthening.
  • I have outgrown even my maternity shirts. Yah. Thankfully I have a belly band to use UNDER MY MATERNITY CLOTHES! That's just a little ridiculous right? lol.
  • I don't know how I would be getting through this pregnancy without my oldest daughter. Everyday I end up passing out somewhere in the house, and she entertains and helps take care of her little brother so I can zonk out without having to worry. What a sweet girl!
  • I have gotten 2 snocones recently. They have been AMAZING and they were only $1!!!! That's my huge craving lately. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli -

    I'm so glad you are able to get some rest and aren't as sleepy as you were.

    You are getting so close; can you believe it?

    The songs I really like for labor are lullabies. I have one that is Christian lullabies and it's all instrumental; it's so peaceful and relaxing. I wish I could tell you what it's called, but it's packed away until we move to our house! I'll try to look it up though.

    I love the affirmations! One things that helps me is to remember that God made my body to do this! This is what it is meant to do; just allow my body to do the work it needs to do. Also, welcome each contraction with praise and a prayer. Thank God for this contraction; it is doing it's job and getting you one step closer to holding your baby. Welcome the contractions and know that you will have a moment of rest soon. A good thing to do before you go into labor is to start practicing relaxing your entire body. Lay in bed and start at the top of your head and work your way down to your feet, relaxing every muscle as you go. I also have made a list in the past of things my husband could say to me during labor to encourage me and help me; I think sometimes they don't know what to say or how to really help.

    Okay, I've rambled enough. Hope some of these things can help you out.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete